WARNING: to all parents, practice up on the heimlich maneuver. You never know when you might need it. Last night we had to put our knowledge to use when Ellie swallowed some sort of toy and began choking. It was a very scary experience and we're thankful for a happy ending. A lot of throwing up, heaving, and a roomful of EMS crew members but for now everything is okay. We have to watch for it to pass (yes it didn't come up, but rather went down). The big questions is....what is it?! Matt can't wait to dig for it when the time comes. (I know gross huh, but realities of being a parent).
After all the 911 excitement, we opted to take the baby with us to our annual ward dinner dance last night.
Emma and some of her classmates making "scary" faces while enjoying some witches brew (edible eyeballs, ghosts, bats, pumpkins, fish etc.). Five year olds are constantly silly.
The whole class posing after the Halloween parade.
I recruited Emma & Brady's help in making the take home treat bags for Emma's class party. We made foot ghosts (see below). It was super simple and the kids loved it. The party was very successful thanks to overwhelming parental support and a wonderful teacher.
7 comments:
We are glad to hear that Ellie is okay. Life is NEVER dull with children in it. Love the Ghost sacks.
Oh, I am so glad that Ellie is ok, goodness what a scare!! The halloween party looks like a success!!! You are such a fun mom!!!
How Scary! I can't believe that whatever she swallowed went down instead of up! That's crazy! Tell Matt to have fun digging in Poo :)
It looks like Emma's party was fun! My kids have theirs on Halloween day, so we'll be looking forward to those. Do you guys have Beggar's Day in Ohio?
Oh, I noticed from your list of people that most of your "family" is in Az, so I think you should move back! Plus, some of your lonely friends are there!
scary! DId you know that we had to take ella to the emergency room because she swallowed a quarter when she was 22 months and it blocked her airway?!! she stopped breathig on the way to mercy and they had to take her in a remove the quarter...it was SO scary! I am so glad taht that everything was okay and I can't wait to hear and see pictures (? :D) of what it was that she swallowed!
what a fun party....love the ghost foot bags!
Oh my gosh, what a wake up call for all of us. I live in denial that I will ever have to do that. I know I have taken classes but also know I will completely panic when the time comes. I am so glad that all ended well.
I am glad that elle was ok! tHAT is soo scary we had a similar situation with alysse at pei wei. So it was kinda embrassing to be beating on her back in public but she coughed it up. And i am so glad that your party was a success ashlyn's is today, and i know that bella has been edward scissor hands over at her house cutting stuff out for hannah's party. And I have had those moments too, where i am so gald that i can be there thru the years they want us to be there.
Scary! Now I really wish I had taken a class. I really need to. Did you ever find out what it was that she swallowed?
Post a Comment