This is what we had for our Conference lunch after returning home from the orchard. It's very kid friendly, simple, and quite tasty. I'm going to incorporate it into our daily lunch menus.
APPLE & CHEESE QUESADILLA
Spread 1 tablespoon apple butter almost to the edge of each to 2 tortillas. Sprinkle half of each tortilla with 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (we used extra-sharp) and 1/3 cup finely diced apple. Fold tortillas in half. Heat in hot skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray for 2 to 4 minutes per side, until tortilla is browned and cheese is melted inside. Cool and cut into bite size pieces. Enjoy!
We made apple crisp, but I'm sure everybody already has that recipe...so I thought I'd share a new apple dessert recipe we tried.
APPLE DROP COOKIES
1/2 cup soft shortening (I used butter)
1 1/3 cups brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 egg
2 cups of sifted flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup of chopped nots (optional - we obviously didn't use them...but walnuts would taste great!)
1/4 cup apple juice or milk
White Glaze Frosting
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon melted butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 tablespoons half-n-half.
Combine all ingredients and spread on HOT cookies
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In mixing bowl combine shortening, sugar, salt, spices, and egg. Beat well. Sift together and baking soda. Drop batter by tablespoon onto greased cookie sheets. Bake 11 to 14 minutes until light brown. Spread while hot with frosting.
Saturday, October 6, 2007
Apple Recipes
Posted by M & S Eagar at 4:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Stacy I am SO making these!!!!
Post a Comment