Thursday, September 20, 2007

Success

So, our yard sale was a huge success. It started out a little slow but really picked up in the late afternoon. We sold pretty much everything including our couches and made $541.00 dollars. We accomplished our goal. Yesterday we rented a carpet cleaner, tomorrow we are going couch shopping in Columbus at furniture outlets, and next week we're getting our airducts professionally cleaned. Suffice it to say that Emma's asthma should hopefully be somewhat better this winter. And all of our health I might add.

Anyway, anybody have any advice on couch shopping? Likes or dislikes? We think we know what we want, but would welcome opinions. Let us know. I'll check back before we hit the stores tomorrow.

Also, the kids and I fly out to Idaho on Saturday so I'll be sure to post more pics. (we've been a little lacking lately).

4 comments:

Ess said...

Yay, it is always nice to get NEW furniture! Get something that is easy to clean. We have that microfiber stuff (I think it is called Telfa?) that you do not even have to scotch guard and things come off of it really nice. Have fun shopping! Post pictures when you get it. Have a nice trip to Idaho.

Lindsey said...

MICROFIBER. That is all. And also - are you flying into Salt Lake??

{Erica} said...

you always make bank doing yard sales....crazy! I saw this set that I wanted from costco. It was that child proofed material...forget what it's called...anyway, and it made an "L" shape and it was sooooo durable and classic...and only 999! I think that's pretty good for a whole section of couches right? Or am I wrong? You're the bargain shopper not me....

Rachel said...

We have microfiber couches and I love them! Have fun shopping.