Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11th

Well, I couldn't let Patriot Day pass without saying how grateful I am for all those protecting our freedom. I don't know how to describe all the emotions that I'm feeling, but my heart just aches for those families who lost loved ones on that tragic day six years ago. It still feels like yesterday to me and I can recall every minute of that day...what I witnessed and exactly where I was. I will also never forget the telephone call I received telling me that my best friend and college roomates husband was missing...it was his second day of work at The Pentagon. Then came the call a few days later announcing a piece of his hair was found and identified; thus confirming his death. Oh how my heart broke for my dear friend Liz. Her eternal companion was suddenly gone..without warning at the hands of evil men. How grateful I am for the knowledge of eternal families. How I wish that everyone had the same knowledge..to ease a little of their pain and suffering. I try not to take any moment of life with my family for granted. I'm also so grateful that our little Brady carries on the name of "Brady" Howell who perished six years ago today. What an honor and what a legacy. Anyway, I won't go on but I just felt like I had to say something.

2 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

Thanks for the reminder Stacey. I remember you had a different name picked out when you were pregnant with Brady and decided at the end that you needed to name him after your friend. What a wonderful way to pay tribute to someone.

Anonymous said...

Matt and Stacey! Howdy, howdy. I got your first comment before just before I left on my trip and now that I'm back, you are so quick to leave another! WOW, 3 kids... but I knew that. It's just partially CRAZY to think though. How is Matt? School? Ohio is not so far away. In fact, Craig just applied to Case Western for Pedo. Maybe we'll be together after all. Isn't it funny to remember all the times our boys were studying so hard to get where they are now! I love your quote at the top of your blog. It kind of made me pause for a moment and I really let it sink in. May I post it on mine? Miss you guys.