Well we made it. I must admit that my kids are quite the seasoned travelers. We have a "system" and it works great! In spite of their goodness, I have to say that the 4 hour flight from Columbus to Las Vegas seemed to take forever to me! Maybe it was the anticipation of a 3 hour layover in Vegas...I don't know. Anyway, the layover went pretty quickly. I made the kids walk everywhere to wear them out. Much to Brady's delight we rode the tram ("train" to him) from terminal to terminal. When we finally got off, we had a terminal adventure where we found a candy store and an Auntie Anne's pretzels. The kids housed pretzel dogs and couldn't believe their good fortune when I let them fill a bag with candy. There eyes were as big as saucers. It was too cute! Then, my eyes got as big as saucers when I heard the total! :) Let's just say that when Brady dropped a handful of candy on the floor I implored the 3 second rule. We also found a little kid play area and some statues to climb on. The TSA officers even let us through a locked door in order to avoid going through security. All in all it was a long day to Boise, but a good one.
As for the couch shopping, we think we found one. It's a brown microfiber that looks like leather. Some call it the bomber look and others call it the cowboy look. It's a huge sectional that has 2 extra large recliners, a console, and a sofa sleeper (this is a hint - we want company). Our house is your house so please come and see us! Anyway, I have to put in a plug for the J.C.Penney Furniture Outlet. The place was amazing - the biggest "warehouse" I've ever been in. We walked through it like 5 times and everytime we saw something we'd missed the previous time. Our kids hated every minute of it! But, the prices are almost too good to be true. The sectional we plan to purchase is 70% off and it's simply an overstock. Not a thing wrong with it! I'm posting a pic that I took in the store. Remember it's in a warehouse so it doesn't look too exciting against a plain white wall. I plan to accent the brown with red and yellow. Throwpillows, curtains, new pictures etc... Does anybody have any other cute decorative ideas?
6 comments:
Looks cool! I was actually going to email you and tell you about JC Penny. That is where I got my couch for a killer deal (not the outlet, though). Glad you found something you love! Are you going to be out here the end of Oct.?
Alison
Hey-
No, she didn't have surgery. I will have to call and tell you all about it. It may be in the future. Completely different diagnosis from what we were thinking. Thanks for asking. Gimme a call sometime this week when you have a min. and your mom is watching the kiddos.
Alison
I am jealous!! I want new couches so bad. It looks great, have fun glamming it up!!
The sectional looks nice and BIG. Enough room for everyone and then some.
I am jealous I want a new couch!!! Now we cant be matching any more! Well maybe if i buy a new couch we caN!!! Also the new rascal flatts album comes out tomorrow!!!!!! And they are on good morning america tomorrow!!! Finally about thanksgiving, we are great with whatever works for you guys but tell matt we are no longer friends because I am seriously offended that he would not want to spend thanksgiving sleeping on my floor! hehehe. We areny going any where so even if it is last minute that is fine whatever you decide to do will be great! ANd if not thanksgiving we will have to get together some other time! Everyonr wants you guys to come back soooo!
I LOVE THE NEW COUCHES!! I wanted a sectional soooo bad! They look so comfortable. The kids look so cute too! I Love Emma's butt! haha
Post a Comment