Thursday, January 22, 2009

Winter at Work



We've been developing quite the muscles around here shoveling everyday. The garage at our new place is detached and located in the far corner of our backyard giving us a significant area to shovel. In spite of our efforts, I've gotten stuck FIVE times this week. Poor Emma was 45 minutes late to school yesterday because I couldn't "unstick" myself. I had to call my friend and beg her to take my kids to school because the bus had come and gone before we got stuck. My hubby hero got new tires on our other car and came home to rescue me....again. I sure love him.



This was the neatest virtual reality exhibit at the Great Lakes Science Center. Emma "virtually" took a skyglider trip through the Grand Canyon. She slammed into a couple of canyon walls and collided with some birds, but somehow managed to finish unscathed. :) After 2 days of being stuck inside, we braved the -30 temperature and took a trip to the Science Center. It sits next to the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame on the shores of Lake Erie. The Lake was obviously frozen over and covered with snow, but it was quite the impressive sight.



Matt enjoyed teaching them about DNA strands and using their new knowledge of what "letters" attach to each other, they worked together and put this one together. They had a great time "playing with the blocks" and wouldn't let us leave until it was complete.



Making music with foot inserts. What will they think of next?




These mirrors weren't the ordinary fun house mirrors.



Doesn't she make a cute weather girl? She was practicing especially for her Grandpa Eccles who LOVES watching the news (especially the weather channel) on a daily basis.



Though we did have a lesson about Martin Luther King Jr. for Family Home Evening (and I must admit I was impressed with Emma's extensive knowledge), we celebrated the holiday at Amazone with some friends of ours from the kids preschool. They were kind and generous enough to treat us to a day of fun at the amazing Amazone playplace.



Brady had the best day ever with 2 of his pals at Amazone, Dunkin Donuts, and then back to his friends house.



This is just a small shot of one side of the Amazone play place. The place was huge and since I had to climb through it to make sure Ellie didn't get lost, I got quite the workout. P.S. The slides were a lot of fun for me too.

0 comments: