
In a previous post, I mentioned our Martin Luther King Jr. family home evening night. Well, it was Emma's turn for treat and so we made a black & white winter dessert. Hot Chocolate mug cake. It was sooooo easy and the kids got a kick out of it. We also played Winter Bingo for one of our activities. I mention this because I got both of these ideas from Family Fun magazine - which I LOVE. I've posted the recipe on www.simplyedible.blogspot.com and here's the link for the game. FamilyFun.com/magazine Go here and print out the gameboards. I didn't even actually make the word cards - I just wrote them down and it worked just as well. Now the next time you're snowed in or cooped up with sick kids, you can have a fun treat and activity with your kids.
Okay so one of my personal New Year's resolutions is to celebrate every holiday no matter how small. So, in honor of Chinese New Year (tomorrow) I made Chinese dumplings today with the kids. Some may know these better as Potstickers. I have to admit I was a little nervous they wouldn't turn out, but they turned out really good and it was an easy recipe to have lots of little helping hands. I'm pretty positive that if Emma and Brady hadn't helped in the cooking process they wouldn't have even tried them. Having said that, they did try them and liked different parts. I, on the other hand thought they were as good as the frozen ones I've purchased occasionally. We used Yoshida's sauce from Costco as a dipping sauce and I threw in a couple of scallions and some ginger for extra pizazz. Matt was pleasantly surprised at the result and I know we'll be making this a new family tradition. I posted the recipe on my recipe blog - www.simplyedible.blogspot.com if anyone wants to give it a whirl.
P.S. For those interested, 2009 is the year of the Ox.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Fun Ideas
Posted by M & S Eagar at 2:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That treat looks so YUMMY!
What a cute idea in the mug! B obviously can't have marshmallow creme but I will have to try it using something else! Brendan loves potstickers-I have a similar recipe but am excited to try yours! Thanks for sharing!
*TAMI*
Post a Comment