Saturday, July 7, 2007

Cincinatti Afternoon










I love our museum pass. I took the kids including their little friend Leah to the Museum of Natural History in downtown Cincinatti on Friday afternoon. It was just one six museums located in the Museum Center which is still Union Terminal where the Amtrak Station still resides. It was a pretty spectacular building. Anyway, the Natural History Museum had a whole hands-on level for the kids. As you can tell, they had a lot of fun and I enjoyed chasing them around with the camera. Aren't water fountains fascinating? Plus a nice little shot of the Cincy skyline. Well, I was the glad the kids were brave enough to touch the snake because there's no way I was gonna! The magnifying glasses and gigantic sandbox were also a huge hit! I tried to educate them somewhat, but we mostly just played. We followed it up with a meal from the Cincinatti renowned restaurant Skyline. It's famous Cincy chili with unusual spices such as cinnamon and cocoa, a layer of cream cheese and grated cheese served over spaghetti noodles with diced onions sprinkled on top. It sounds a little weird, but it actually tasted quite good.
.

0 comments: