Friday, February 11, 2011

Update

We'll start with the good news of the week. After running all sorts of errands such as buying preschool snacks for sixteen 4 year olds, purchasing beverages for a Valentines party for 26 3rd graders (all with Ellie in tow after an 8 hour work day) - my wonderfully sweet husband came home with a bouquet of yellow tulips (my favorite flower). It was a great early and unexpected Valentines Day surprise. Then, after the kids were in bed he made me my favorite Lemon cake - a dessert that is normally only reserved for my Birthday and something only he is allowed to make me. Anyway, it sure made me feel special and brightened my day. He's been amazing at "stepping up to the plate" during this bed rest thing.


As for the kids, they had a great time making their Valentines and boxes this week. Emma and Brady came home from school today all sugared up and full of smiles sharing party details. This is the first time ever that I've been unable to be at their school helping out. I know there a lot harder things than this, but it was still hard for me. It's a wonderful privilege of being a stay at home mom that I had to give up this year. What may be even more sad to me is that I don't even have any pictures to document the event.

Anyway, moving on to the big event of the day...my doctor appointment. Here's how it went: Okay at the appt today the monitor was able to record my contractions so that was good. My cervix and placenta haven't changed since last week so that's good too. The culture results will be back on Monday. They are suspecting I may have Chorioamnionitis - an infection present in my uterus and amniotic fluid which poses risks to me and the baby. This infection is caused as a result of all the other infections I've had and normally results in a preterm baby. My doctors office scheduled an appt for me on Monday with a Perinatologist (high risk) doctor. We need to rule out any structural problems with me and get a closer look at the baby's kidneys to see what type of damage we're possibly dealing with. The final conclusive test to diagnosing the Chorioamnionitis is through an Amniocentesis which at this point in pregnancy has a greater risk than benefit to the baby. So there you have it. While I am very grateful to have an appointment on Monday with Dr. Stewart (they say he's the best) I have a feeling this is going to be a LONG weekend. My nerves are not as calm as they were before.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. I really feel strength and increased faith as a result of your pleas to Heavenly Father.

0 comments: