Friday, February 4, 2011

Appointment

So this is an informative post. I had a 4 hour Dr. appt. yesterday. The good news is that my cervix and placenta haven't changed since last week meaning the bed rest is working. I will be totally down until at least March 10th. At that point they will start running Fetal Fibernectin tests every other week and as long as they come back negative I will be allowed limited activity at my house. Today they are starting me on a medication called Procardia to slow down/stop my contractions. It is necessary for the baby that I take this as a preventative measure of going into full blown pre-term labor. However, it is a heart medication and therefore it slows your heart rate down and lowers your blood pressure (mine already runs low). Having these things happen to your body comes with their own set of side effects such as a constant bad headache, dizziness, and fatigue. I am more than willing to do whatever it takes for my baby to stay inside me, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being nervous about this step of the process.


As for our sweet baby boy, he is now almost 1/2 lb. He's doing well with the exception of having something called Pyelectasis in both of his kidneys. It is a collection of fluid in the fetal kidneys causing them to dilate. 1.) It is considered to be one indication of Down Syndrome. 2.) If he isn't born with Downs, he'll be at increased risk for urologic problems that may require surgery. 3.) always a possibility of the problem reversing itself in the womb. We have a good calm feeling about this new information and we will gladly accept and faithfully deal with whatever comes our way. Thanks as always for all of your prayers and concern. We are gaining strength and faith from your prayers. We promise to keep you up to date on everything.

5 comments:

Katie and Howard said...

Thinking of you guys!!

Sparks Fam said...

prayers coming your way :)

darbie said...

We're praying for you guys!

JoshandJen said...

I have been praying for you every day!! keep us posted and please let me know if you need anything at all!! love ya and hugs!

Lincoln and Anna said...

Stacy and Matt,

All of us in AZ were fasting and praying for you guys yesterday. Hope you feel of our love and concern. Sounds like you have a good frame of mind and are doing the best you can. Lots of love your way.

Linc