Well I'm back...pledging yet again to post once a week. Anyway, the kids had Spring Break a couple weeks ago and we managed to take a short vacation. We decided to head down to Columbus (2 hours) to just play as a family. We got an amazing priceline hotel rate so we spent 2 nights making family memories. We kept it simple and fun. We spent time checking out Graeters (a famous creamery), COSI (Center of Science & Industry...rated #1 in the country), checking out our state capitol, tracking down an Alvin & the Chipmunks Squeakquel DVD to watch, eating take-out...5 people=from 5 different places, and swimming in the giant Jacuzzi at our hotel. We had loads of fun topped by the beautiful Summer like weather we had. 
A Hotel stay wouldn't be complete without the kids riding the empty luggage cart from our room back down to the lobby.
All I have to say is YUMMY! This place did not disappoint! First we watched them make the ice cream and then we devoured it...they even make homemade chocolate that goes into a lot of their flavors....the stuff seriously melts in your mouth. :) After the devouring of the ice cream (which cost more than our dinner...but worth it), the kids played and played at their ice cream themed playground. From a business standpoint, the place is ingenious and from a parent's perspective the place is awesomely brilliant.




COSI was so much fun. It reminded me more of a theme park than a science center. Everything was hands on and felt more like riding rides than playing. It had a great way of combining both. Ellie was the only child that wanted to get in the submarine but needed help climbing down so I squeezed in with her.
It never ceases to amaze me how much fun sand and water are for kids and adults to play with for hours on end. Think about it for a minute...it never gets old does it.
These two are so creative when they work together. This little activity made me extra grateful for the summer temperatures...they were happily soaked!
HOLY COW?! Can we say static electricity at it's best?!
We came home on Saturday morning and arrived just in time for Conference (It's from 12-2 and 4-6 here). The next day was Easter and we had fun hiding eggs all over our huge yard for the kids. They're at the perfect age to hunt together. We dyed eggs together earlier in the week for family home evening and then of course added some plastic candy filled eggs to the mix. I just love Easter candy...it's always been my favorite. We gobbled up a bunch of sweetart jellybeans and chicks, ducks, and bunnies this year. :)
I decided that since all 3 of them sport these scowls frequently these days that I may as well document it. Apparently these are the looks you get when you ask them to look up and smile and the sun is in their eyes. Whatever was I thinking?!
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Spring into Fun
Posted by M & S Eagar at 9:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love the ice cream playground! How cute! I'm glad you guys had a good spring break!
what a fun little trip! you always have the best ideas of how to entertain your kids. You should write a fun things to do in Ohio/Pennsylvania book, I would buy it!
Post a Comment