





Emma's class had an overnight experience camp out Friday night (even though we slept in the gym). Emma teacher is a super human teacher who is extremely passionate about education as well as common sense/hands on education. We had many "hands on" mini workshops where the kids learned about erosion, water surface tension and surface adhesion, light and sound, and star constellations. She was also able to make a birdhouse and a windsock. After that we went outside and made smores around the campfire. Then at about 10:30 we went on a night hike on the boardwalk around the school and saw deer feeding, a beaver in the creek, listened to the frogs, saw some bats etc. It was really fun. We set up the tent in the gym and learned how loud every other dad there could snore, amazingly loud. Emma seemed to really enjoy having such a great experience with her classmates. Her teacher is such a trooper having just been diagnosed with Bell's Palsy. We are EXTREMELY lucky to have her as Emma's teacher, even though she is much more than just your average teacher.
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Campout at the School?
Posted by M & S Eagar at 6:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow...I wish my kids could have great experiences with their school like that. Very cool.
K, so you know I had to comment on this. First of all, the campout is such a cute idea. What a great experience for her!
Second, bells palsy. When I had it they said it wasn't permanent - only a small percentage of cases were. Is hers permanent?
It's such a scary thing! I had it for two weeks when my left side started to twitch and show signs of life. Hopefully it reverses for her!
I didn't know the school did that, that is awesome, Emma is such a cutie...
Post a Comment