
Spring break is finally here for the kids and the weather is finally suppose to cooperate. Thursday Stacy and I headed to the temple for the 6pm session. Of course with the 2 hour drive each way we had to leave early. We are so lucky that our good friend Debbie was able to watch the kids while we went. We had such a great session and we are so thankful to have a temple within a reasonable distance. On the way home it snowed like crazy on us turning a 2 hour drive into 3, so that was no fun for us. Friday night we had our annual President's Ball hosted by our Stake. It is an annual adult only dinner and dance at a local Ball Room and Restraunt. We enjoy sitting at a table with a lot of our good friends and socializing with them.
Saturday we got up and the boys went to Lowes to do the build it project, and the girls went to Michael's to do the craft that was offered. I have had a sore throat and congestion, so I took the afternoon off. We had Sister Pena who I hometeach, over to our house for dinner on Sat night. We always enjoy having company for dinner. She loves the kids and always brings a nice spirit into our home. Sunday we had Brother Miles over for Sunday lunch and had a great time visiting with him for a few hours. He is our hometeacher and we love having him over. I really enjoy talking with him about his days as an NFL player and hearing the stories he has to tell is absolutely amazing. He started radiation treatment for his brain tumor last week and has not been feeling the best, but that didn't stop him from fulfilling his assignment to home teach us. He even had to stay late at church because of his new callling and was held up in meetings for a couple of hours. What a great example of dedication and service he is. I went hometeaching at 6pm and that kind of finished off our Sunday.
We have enjoyed watching the tournament as well. Brady has really gotten into the tournament. Anything with charts(brackets) and numbers, and sports he seems to be into these days. We will watch the game and he will constantly be asking me what team I am going for and he will be keeping score in real time. It amazes me that a Kindergartener can do math like he can. The score will be 55-47 and he will inform me that Butler is up by 8 points. He will do this almost everytime a team scores! His mind never stops (kinda like his mom). He will also always ask me which state each college is in, so I have had to go to the internet sometimes and learn where Butler is or where St Mary's is etc.
Anyway, we hope all is well with everyone. I'll sign off until the next post.
Monday, March 29, 2010
A Busy Few Days
Posted by M & S Eagar at 7:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Way to go Matt, doing the blogging! Sounds like you guys are doing good. I am amazed at how much your kids have grown since Iowa! Stacy posted on my blog asking about Time Out for Women. Will you have her email me so we can go back and forth about it? amberynielsen@gmail.com Thanks!
Post a Comment