This week found me practicing the single life while Matt's been out of town. In all honesty, the kids have been really great about it and we've had a fun week together. Having said this, I've gained a new appreciation for my husband and all he does for our family. While we're grateful he was able to take a last minute trip to be with his family, we're looking forward to his return home on Tuesday night. As a side note, for those of you reading this that have tended my children while I was at work or mutual, a BIG thank you! We are truly blessed with wonderful friends. Anyway, I decided to play catch-up so be sure to read down a couple of posts for all sorts of updates and pictures.
This year, Emma and Brady were able to attend Grandparents Day with our wonderful friend Sandy Lloyd from church. She fills in when we need a standby Grandparent so that our kids don't feel left out since our family lives across the country. She comes to concerts and attends all sorts of school functions. We just love her and are so grateful for her service on our behalf.
Matt and I hired a standing Friday night baby-sitter so since he was out of town, I decided to take Emma out for a Mommy/Daughter date. We had one of her friends and her mom join us. We went to Taco Bell for dinner, then headed to the nail salon to get our nails painted, and then went out to ice cream. I of course forgot my camera, but managed to snap a couple of pics with my phone. We had a great time and all for under $20.
Emma and her friend Marinna's finished hands. Emma requested sparkly orange polish with pink stripes. Upon paying I discovered her "stripe request" = more money, but she was so cute to watch and we had so much fun together that I didn't mind.
Our kids were invited to our neighbor boys Birthday party. It was held at a gym and as part of the party they were given a 1.5 hour gymnastics class. Emma said it was the "funnest party she's ever attended." The lighting wasn't good so the pictures aren't that great.
I love mid action shots! She had a great time "showing off." I have to admit I enjoyed it too listening to the parents comments around me - "look at that little girl...she's really good."
I'm pretty sure he decided he like Gymnastics a lot more than he thought. The smile says it all.
"Okay people I think I'm stuck"
Ellie had picture day at school last Friday. I got this sweater last year on clearance and thought it looked stinkin cute on her so I had to snap a picture on the way out the door.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Our lives during Harvest time....
Posted by M & S Eagar at 2:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That is so fun that you and Emma went and had your nails done. I can't wait to do that with Eleanor :) And what a fun birthday party! I love the picture of Ellie stuck on the horse!
Post a Comment