What a week this has been. It was reported on the news this week that the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta predicts that 1 in 5 children in the US are currently displaying some sort of flu-like symptoms, and after the week we have had, I believe it. Emma started us off on Sunday with H1N1. Elizabeth followed yesterday by waking up with pink eye. Brady has now finished us off with a raging ear infection this morning. We are making great friends with our nice new Emergency Department, and our amazing pediatrician. We are thankful for amazing health care and medication thats makes it possible for these kids to not have to suffer too much. Anyway, Stacy and I are dodging bullets around here I guess. The kids seem to enjoy the treatment that they get when they are sick, for example: sleeping in, watching tv, etc. They will miss that for sure.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I hear you! Yesterday was the first day we were fever free for 24 hours since last week at the Cook house. Chris and I have also dodged the bullet. Knock on wood :)
Yuck! I hope they all get better fast! Was the H1N1 terrible? Our boys got the vaccinations for it...hopefully it was a good choice.
I hear you! As Evie is coughing in the background as I type. I don't know if we'll make it tomorrow. Hopefully everyone will rest well tonight so we can!
I hope all the kiddos are feeling better soon!! And that you guys stay healthy!
I can't believe we have had the same week with the same things going on with our kids, I sure hope our families start getting healthy soon and staying healthy, and hopefully we "the parents" don't get it last....or the little kiddo's will have to start taking care of us :)
Get well, Eagars!!!
I am so sorry to hear that! We have been fighting it over here as well. Macey and alysse had raging pink eye, and ashlyn missed to days of school due to some type of something that resembles the flu. It does however make me feel better that your child survived the swine flu, i have been all kinds of crazy about my kids getting it!
Post a Comment