Okay so a post without pictures is kind of boring, but a lot has been going on around here and we were without a camera for a week. Ours broke and so Costco bought us a new one. I just love that store! Even though Costco is 32 miles away from our house and Sam's Club is less than 1 mile away - I just can't convert. I am a Costco sucker and still shell out $50 a year to be a member. Anyway, our new fancy little camera came in the mail a couple days ago so I'll post some pictures soon. I just thought I'd share some random thoughts I've been having.
First, can I just say we've caught Olympic Fever at our house - Emma and Brady included. Matt and I have been staying up until 1AM nightly watching swimming, diving, and gymnastics. To me, it's so much better watching live instead of recorded. Watching Michael Phelps has been awesome and then watching Nastia Liukin win Gold last night with fellow Iowan Shawn Johnson taking Silver was incredible. The only thing in my mind that would have made it better is if the Russian girl would have won the Bronze instead of the underage China doll. Anyway, I was so worked up that in spite of it being after 1 in the morning, I couldn't sleep and had to read for awhile. This morning I'm feeling the effects, but it was oh so worth it.
Second, I seriously cannot believe that my little girl will be starting school in mere couple of days (1st grade) all day long. There's one part of me that is excited, but another part that's very nervous about it all. Most ot my nervousness can most likely be attributed to her severe nut allergy and how she will be affected during lunch hour everyday. I did speak to the head of the food department at the district office yesterday and feel a little better now, but still.... Anyhow, I know she's ready for first grade, I just can't believe it. Plus Brady will be in Preschool every morning with Ellie at school 2 mornings a week also. It seems surreal that I will be alone in the house two times a week. It's a good thing I have so much to do for work, otherwise I might get a little lonely in a strange sort of way and cry.
Third, I have been invited to be an exhibitor at the Akron Healthy Baby Fair in October. This is a HUGE event held downtown at a Convention center. It's super exciting because everyone attending will be my target market - not hit and miss like at the craft shows I've bee doing. I feel quite honored....and now even busier. I'm participating in another Craft fair tomorrow and then going retail starting September. We (well I) actually got approved for a mortgage (we don't know what we're going to do yet) solely because of BabyBrags and I've only been in business since March. In the Bank's words...they were "quite impressed with my product line." I honestly think it's our credit score that they're more impressed with, but it still made me feel good.
Lastly, the kids have been pretty busy. They've been enjoying playing amongst all our moving boxes and haven't balked too much as we've been selling some of their things on Craigslist and/or just donating them to good causes. Our philosophy seems to be that if we're going to all the work of moving we might as well reorganize and clear out as well. Plus, we really our downsizing so it's necessary, but all well worth it in our opinion.
Emma had a mini-olympics this week at Gymnastics and was able to stand on the medal podium to earn a gold medal. It was a priceless moment for me. I don't think I've ever seen her smile so big.
Brady has been busy playing with lots of little boys. In fact last night we were at a Barbecue with some of our friends last night and Brady was playing so rough and tough that he cut the back of his head open. As a parent, you sure experience a myriad of emotions when you see blood gushing from your kids head. We doctored it up and decided that the blood was worse than the cut so we opted out of an ER visit and it seems okay this morning.
Ellie is starting to slowly come out her incredibly shy stage. She actually wants to interact with other children her age and feels comfortable venturing away from our legs for short periods of time. I think it may be time to give Church nursery another shot.
Anyway, from us to you - have a happy week and take care.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Random Thoughts
Posted by M & S Eagar at 9:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for the update! It was good to read. What exciting things your family has going on. Congrats on all the Babybrags things, too. Enjoy what little summer time you have left :)
Hey! I've been wondering what you've been up to...sounds like you're very busy. I know you're worried about Emma in all day school...if it makes you feel any better, Dallin is doing much better in 1st grade. He's not as grouchy as he was in K, but he was in all day K too. First grade seems to be better. We've had to have the nut allergy talk too...fun, fun. His isn't as severe as Emma's, but it's still pretty serious. Hopefully we can talk soon, when you're not so busy.
hey stacy! the bow board is super easy. i took foam board and covered it in fabric that i glued on and the ribbon is just stapled with a staple gun! that's it! it was cheap and fun to do!
I love the updates. I may have to come to the baby fair. IT MAY BE RIGHT UP MY ALLEY. i AM SO GLAD THAT THEY ARE "IMPRESSED WITH YOUR PRODUCT LINE." iT CRACKS ME UP!
Post a Comment