Emma was in a dance camp this last week where she took tap, jazz, and hip-hop. She was the youngest one to attend. All of the other kids were 7-11, but she held her own pretty well. On Thursday they had a recital to showcase what they learned. It was quite entertaining and somewhat comical to watch her hip-hop moves! I wish I had better pictures, but I just don't seem to have all our camera functions figured out yet. Most of my shots were blurry because she was moving in them. Anyway, enjoy.
Emma has also been taking Gymnastics this summer. I purposely enrolled her in everything she's interested in at an inexpensive summer rate so that she can pick one thing to pursue (in addition to piano) when school starts. She's had 3 years of Ballet and needed to explore other options. Much to my excitement, she prefers gymnastics (my FAVORITE sport) and will keep taking classes during the school year.
I spent my week sewing about 6 hours everyday. I am having my first ever "Babybrags" booth at a craft show this Saturday. Since most of what I've done up to this point has been custom, I didn't have a lot of finished product. I now have 300 baby brags, 26 blankets, 21 Baby Hoods, (with 12 Tag Alongs and 20 Lil Drooler Bibs to come this week)! It's a great sense of accomplishment to see all my finished products packaged in ribbons and raffia and ready to sell. I hope it all goes well.
In addition to the sewing craziness, I decided to offer a Young Women's cooking camp at church. I have 12 teenage girls paid and signed up. The class will be held mon - fri. from 10-1 and then the girls will enjoy their efforts for lunch. I surveyed the girls and this is the menu we came up with:
CLASS MENU:
Monday – Lemony Poppy Chicken, Honey Orange Chicken, Twice Baked Potatoes, and Texas Sheetcake.
Monday – Lemony Poppy Chicken, Honey Orange Chicken, Twice Baked Potatoes, and Texas Sheetcake.
Tuesday – Chicken Salad Sandwiches on Homemade rolls, Fresh Berries and Real Cream.
Wednesday – Chicken Fajitas on Homemade Tortillas, Homemade Salsa(s) , Homemade Guacamole, & Brazilian Limeade.
Thursday – Little Smokies Bacon Roll-ups, Homemade Hummus with not so common veggies
(i.e. .jicama), Tortilla Rounds, Virgin Pina Coladas, and Homemade Oreos.
Friday – Homemade Mac-n-Cheese with Chicken and Broccoli, Cherry Spring Salad, and Homemade Cinnamon Rolls.
ARE YOU HUNGRY YET?!
Anyway, wish me luck! This is my last crazy busy week for awhile. Matt goes back to school next Monday (8/4) and I'll have about 3 weeks of lazy summer days with my kids before Emma starts first grade. Holy cow...how did she get so big so fast?!
3 comments:
Oh my goodness! You do some amazing things, Stacy! I would LOVE to know how your craft fair goes, that sounds very exciting for you. And the cooking camp sounds awesome too. The menu is making my mouth water. You are so talented!
Wow! You went from BUSY to BUSY! I hope your booth turns out well...it should because you make great products! And I need you to teach me how to make some of that food you're don't for YW...like chicken salad for instance...I can't find a recipe I like. Have fun and remember to take breaks :)
Hope you survived your week! Love Emma's facial expressions, it would be fun to see her perform! How did cooking school go? I would love your recipe for your tortillas. Mine don't turn out as well as they should. I know lard is the secret, but don't really want to go that route!! Would you send me yours?! Thanks!!!
Post a Comment