The night Grandpa and Grandma Eccles flew into Cleveland, they took us to dinner at Red Robin for an early Birthday dinner for Ellie. This is her somewhat startled reaction as they sang to her. She kept looking to us for reassurance. Fortunately for Emma and Brady, Ellie wasn't fond of her ice cream sundae. Anyway, we had a really fun evening with my parents and thank them for the memory.

The next day, after a mere 7 hours in the car which included driving through Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, and finally North Carolina these 3 were ready to stretch their legs and enjoy some fresh air...as were the rest of us I might add. The drive was very pretty and extremely windy through the Appalachian and Blue Ridge Mountains. Emma was excited to be able to read and find our destination of Greensboro on the North Carolina state map at this fancy rest area.

She loves to balance on any and everything. Speaking from a parents perspective, she's quite the balancing act for us.

Brady prefers jumping over balancing any day. We let them run around and play for awhile until a park ranger made them quit.

Look whose on either side of me! Grandpa and Grandma are the best, but I CAN go down the stairs all by myself!

Yeah - we finally made it to the Hilton. Grandpa even gave us a ride on the luggage cart. Now, let's go find us some dinner!

While my Dad was at his meetings, my Mom and I took the kids exploring. On this day we visited the Science Center and the Zoo. Emma is our only child fond of animals and was fearless of this snake. I, on the other hand had a rapidly beating heart even getting close enough to the snake to take a picture. I am PETRIFIED of SNAKES! Sneaky, sly, slithery, slimy creatures!

Poor little guy needs some swimming lessons. His version of swimming is playing on the pool steps.

One morning, we had Breakfast at IHOP because Emma had been dying to go there and order the "Whoo Cakes" from "Horton Hears a Who." Anyway, the whole restaurant staff referred to Ellie as the Cindy Lou Hoo character from the movie because of her stick up pig tails. The "Whoo cakes" were enjoyed by all 3 kids especially the pink suckers that came on top of the stack of pancakes. Can you say SUGAR?!

At the Zoo, they had a fake cow that you could really milk (or should I say water?) It turned out to be Brady's favorite activity of the day. I found it hillarious. Grandma taught them to squirt each other and have races so we experienced a cow water fight and a milking race.

One of several milking races....Brady wins....again!

One day we visited Old Salem which is basically an early settlers area. The kids loved the "early settlers" drinking fountain as they called it. Ellie thought it was a shower and proceeded to treat it as one. Good thing it was relatively warm so I didn't have to worry about her being all wet.

WOW! Grandma bought me the big cookie! He only made through about 3 bites, but they were heavenly to a 4 year old boy! Those early settlers sure had some good recipes they've handed down.

Ellie's favorite part of the whole trip was the complimentary chocolate chip cookies in the Hotel Lobby every night. She licks all the chocolate chips before taking any bites.

Our last day found us at the Greenboro Childrens Museum where Emma showed off her rock climbing skills. Her Elementary School recently purchased a rock wall so she's been practicing.
All said, the kids and I had a fabulous trip with my parents and it was just the right amount of time for missing Matt and him missing me...yet still bearable.
2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a fun little vacation. I love the cindy-lou-who picture of ellie look at that hair! I was looking at my calendar and was shocked that your lil baby will be two next week! I had to slightly reminise how much I was wishing i was you next weekend...and i still had six weeks to go! Aaron wants matt to call him...not sure why...but he told me to tell you
Wow! Looks like you guys did a ton of stuff. I want your parents to take me on vacation!
Post a Comment