Sunday, September 16, 2012

Time marches on

Copley Heritage Days has so many fun free things to do.  The rock wall  is one of the girls favorites!

I don't know what this thing is called but it's a competition with the person next to you so Brady was about it and  "beating" the kid next to him.

Waiting for her turn to brave the rock wall.

Fresh roasted ears of corn piping hot dipped in butter is definitely the favorite food of the festivities.

Somebody rested their corn on Carson's stroller and well this is what happened.

Since he liked it so much I just handed it him.

He threw a fit when it was time to take it away from him and get in the car.

He has really developed a sweet side lately and loves to kiss us and dolls hugs, pats and open mouthed kisses.

We went to Amish country for the day with some of our friends before school started and the kids are making Let me out of prison faces at this area of the Lehman's store.

By the time we got to Hershberger's this kid was beat and slept the whole 1+ hour we were there.  The goat didn't seem to mind and still nibbled on him.

I had to drag my girls away from the adopt a puppy section of the store.  They think Matt and I are mean horrible terrible no-good parents for not getting a dog...or any type of a pet for that matter.

This little face almost did me in though...j/k!

I had the chance to cater a wedding open house in Dayton in late August and so I decided to take Ellie with me.  It was a great chance for the 2 of us to hang out and visit.  We sang to the Tangled CD in the car and stopped at Cracker Barrel for breakfast.  We played some checkers while waiting for our peach pancakes. She was delightful company.

We stayed with our good friends the Carlson's and their 2 boys and Ellie played and "drove" for hours.

Caught red handed with the graham crackers...right next to the plugged in cord.  We're awesome parents (typed with sarcasm).

The first day of 5th grade and the MIDDLE SCHOOL! I'm still adjusting, but she thinks it's awesome!


Matt gives her a ride to school on his way to work because the thought of my 10  year old riding the bus to school with 8th graders (i.e. 14 year olds) doesn't sit well with me.  I  want her to stay naive and innocent a little longer.

They enjoy their morning car time together.

This little lady started 1st grade!  She hopped on the bus and never looked back.  She's never complained once about staying at school all day long.


Add caption

Carson and I waited outside for the girls to get home (Brady had Pneumonia and didn't go to school the first couple of days).  We made them blueberry muffins for a snack.

Carson thinks he's helping me clean the kitchen.  I have to disagree.

His busyness finally wore him out right during lunch.  Yes it was lunch even though he's still in his jammies.  Don't judge me.  He stayed in his jammies all day today too.

On Labor Day weekend we rented a Pontoon boat with some of our friends the Davis's  and had a fabulous time fishing, visiting and of course eating treats.  It's a tradition we want to continue.

Once he discovered what was in the ice chest there was no keeping him out of it.  In the background the Davis's are baiting the kids poles with real bait.  It turns out the fish weren't fond of the marshmallows we brought as bait. lol

Emma, Ellie, and their friend Stephanie.

Beware:  Watch out when Brady casts his line.  The end.

Good friends having a good time.

The babies spotted some ducks and were captivated.  It was GREAT!

Carson found another use for his gate.  I think it still served the purpose , what do you think?

On Labor Day we had a fast food lunch (these 2 are die hard KFC fans) and  shopped for a new TV stand so Carson doesn't destroy our television. It's not boding well for us that he can reach it. :)  So we turned a rather mundane outing into a family affair.


These 3 discovered the Tempur-pedic section of the store and literally tested them out.  Some people walking through the store busted out laughing when they overheard the kids talking about what they could sell to afford buying Tempur-pedic beds for themselves because they JUST HAD TO HAVE THEM.

Carson often keeps us from doing our chores.  It's hard to vacuum when a 1 year  old climbs aboard for a ride. :)

Looks like I forgot to turn this picture.  I was documenting a smile during an after school chore.

I love watching Brady play his soccer games.  I'm one of the parents on the sidelines who knows each  kid, their name and number and proceeds to yell (90% of it encouraging) the whole game.  I promise I fit right in.  I never knew I'd be that kind of a spectator though.  Brady and soccer just does something to me.  I'm not a crazy fan at any other sport he plays.

In case you're wondering, he beat out everybody to the ball.  I mean check out his determination and his stride.



And yes we WON the game! What a great Saturday it was!

He likes sippy cups.  He LOVES water bottles!!!

And so band begins.  Grandpa and Grandma Eccles sent Uncle Derek's saxophone and though she loved it she decided to go with the clarinet right now and play the sax in jazz band in 7th grade.

I'm pretty sure she wanted us to mail her back to Grandpa and Grandma Eccles house.


Yet again I make another vow to post weekly - not monthly!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Great pictures! I sure miss you! We need to plan a get together! You won't happen to be in Las Vegas next week will you? :) Steven has a mining expo and I'm going with him.