Sunday, May 27, 2012

Surviving May

Carson has a new love of watermelon...so much so that when I forgot to put away the garbage can, he promptly crawled right over and pulled a rind out and went to town

This past week Emma participated in her school's 1 mile fitness run for the 3rd and 4th graders.  She has been preparing for this race for several weeks.  This was NOT an easy thing for her and she was discouraged as race day approached thinking that she couldn't do it.  In fact, she wanted us to give her permission to not run...which we refused to do.  Instead Ellie, Carson and myself went to the race and ran around at different parts of the race yelling and cheering her on.  I am proud to say that the ran and finished the entire race.  Yes, I might of shed tears over one of my children yet again.  She placed 20th out of 100 girls.  All we wanted was for her to finish, but this was awesome!

Enjoying a post race glass of water with her friend and running mate.

Ellie's Kindergarten class had a simple music program demonstrating all the  musical skills they acquired this year.

Since it was the middle of the day and Matt couldn't make it, I took Emma and Brady out of their classes. Emma tended Carson and Brady took video while I took pictures of the program.  We were a great team.

Our once terribly shy Ellie happily recited her part of  the program (and even wrote her own part).

One more picture of her whole (quite large) Kindergarten class.  I can't believe that she will be a first grader and at school all day long in just a couple of months!

Yay! Brady put his baseball hat on me!

Matt caught a picture of the girls doing Pilates with me.  I'm trying my darndest to exercise!

Happy Memorial Day to all of you.  We're headed out to Breakfast and then to the lake with some friends.

0 comments: