Saturday, April 14, 2012

Spring Break

So proud of his latest accomplishment! He sure keeps us on our toes!

For Spring Break we went to Michigan for a couple of days to attend a Temple wedding of some of our friends kids (yes friends KIDS - we are getting old).  We scored a sweet deal at the Embassy Suites (best family hotel ever in my opinion).  Anyway, swimming was enjoyed by all.

Our sports enthusiast is still a little shy when it comes to swimming.



The day of the wedding was absolutely gorgeous and we were able to take some nice family pictures outside the Temple.  We let each kid pick a pose for everybody. Emma chose in front of the tulips.

Brady chose this silly fun pose.

Ellie chose the bench and we thought it was perfect for our whole family.  Not professional, but memorable because nobody was crying or anything. :)

We got home late the Saturday night before Easter, but the baskets were found (Ellie was nervous to the point of tears) and the bunny came and delivered a few simple treats.  The bunny even left a chocolate bunny for Carson (which I didn't really intend to feed him) but as you can see he LOVED it...and while I'm confessing he gobbled up a yellow chick peeps too. This boy enjoys food.

The only egg hunt we did was just our kids in our yard.  We have such a huge yard that it provides lots of great hiding spots.  As you can see evidenced by Ellie, we let our kids wear pj's after church on Sunday.  So the Christmas pajamas were worn for the Easter egg hunt. What can I say? We enjoy holidays at our house.

Yes, Carson was in his jammies too, but let's be honest he wears them a lot since I don't bother to dress him if I'm not leaving the house that day.  You sure do things differently with baby #4.

He wasn't sure what to think of the eggs...or the grass for that matter.

The count is on to see who found their allotted amount and who could keep hunting.

Wow - this egg makes noise.  We hid the eggs full of pennies because well we'd had enough sugar around here....and because maybe I forgot to make that purchase earlier in the week and realizing it at midnight on Saturday night didn't make the problem easy to solve.

Mid hunt action

So I just had to take this picture to document Carson's little denim diaper butt.  They sell fancy diapers these days and so when I had a coupon and they were on sell I got some for him.

I found him inside the cupboard chewing on the knob of the crock pot lid.

Nothing stops this kid!

Full of determination!

See Mom I'm halfway there....and yes he did manage to get his legs over and through...then he crawled away like it was no big deal.  He cracks me up constantly.

0 comments: