Sunday, December 11, 2011

So much going on

Once again I've gotten a little behind.  Oopsie. :) Anyway, here goes.  After only being a cub scout for 1 week, Brady worked hard and earned his wolf.  He's wearing the same shirt Matt wore for cub scouts.

Grandpa and Grandma Eccles came for Thanksgiving and the Baptism.  Grandpa Eccles and Brady played catch with the football for what seemed like all afternoon.


On Thanksgiving Day (normally after dinner) but this year before since I had "turkey issues" we go downtown the the Akron Children's Tree Festival.  We enjoy the beautiful trees and like to donate to the hospital.  Well, this year they had a nice area set up for Santa and these are some of my favorite pictures.

I like the look on Brady's face in this one....and how he has his feet crossed.
 Now of course Ellie wanted to put in her Santa requests, but it takes help from your big sister when you won't talk to or even look at Santa.  Thank heavens for big sisters.
 This is the best one of everybody.  Brady and his ever present silly faces.
 Emma trying to coax Ellie one last time to talk to Santa.
 And finally, at last she looks and smiles.
 Some of our friends gave us a bunch of clothes from their 3 boys and they included this cute Thanksgiving bib.  Of course I meant to take a picture in the morning after I dressed him to document the day...but that didn't happen and then he had a blow out.  At this point I remember I wanted a picture with the bib and so I fashioned a "cover up" out of the changing pad and voila here you go.  Carson's 1st Thanksgiving. haha!
 These 2 playing on Matt's new Christmas present (that I purchased by myself...kinda proud of that).  Apparently they thought they still needed to play Wii this close even though the new tv is...well....BIG.
 The day after Thanksgiving Grandma Eagar surprised the kids and flew out for Brady's baptism.  It was so nice having all the grandparents here.  It was a memorable experience for all.  The kids posed her on "Hugo" ...the riding lawnmower we acquired this summer.
 One night all the girls decided to go to the "Deck the Hall" event at the famous Stan Hywet Mansion.  We had a really nice time.  Here we are all bundled up and ready to go.
 Can't ever have too much Grandma time.
 Let me just tell you that the cement we were sitting on was ICY cold but we're still all smiles.

 The wonderful Baptism Day.  I just love this picture of my guys.  It was a very special day.
 Now tilt your head to the left and check out this picture.  After the Baptism, Brady decided he wanted to go to Outback for a special dinner so Matt and I took everybody (after we changed out of our nice clothes :)).  They had a balloon artist there and so the kids got balloons courtesy of the Grandparents.  I thought this fish blowing bubbles was esspecially impressive.
 Last weekend, we went and cut down our first "real" Christmas tree. It was a lot of fun and only have 5 minutes from our house. The girls are big fans of "Butch" our chainsaw.  Can you tell we like to name things?!
 This picture of Ellie is Matt's new screensaver at work.
 Hauling out the tree.  Poor Brady was having a pouty moment and missed on some of the fun.
We're enjoying the Christmas season thus far and will post more pictures soon.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You've been busy! I'm glad Brady's grandparent's were all able to make it to his baptism. Your kids are all getting so big! I miss you guys...you should come visit :)

JoshandJen said...

It is such a busy time of year right now, I feel like I cant even breathe...all of the pictures are cute, you guys look like you have had lots of fun! I LOVE the chainsaw pictures, those are my kind of girls :)Congrats to Brady on his baptism :)