So on Saturday night I mixed up a double batch of sugar cookie dough (it was overflowing my large mixer...I always forget how much it makes. :)) Then on Sunday after church, my kids...yes they are pajama clad because it's our standard Sunday afternoon attire around here cut out and frosted approximately 4 dozen cookies. Plus I froze 3 sugar cookie dough logs due to my plentiful abundance. Then we "boo delivered" to lots of friends and neighbors. It's something we always do, but this year I found the best website www.beenbooed.com to print off the saying...you can see part of it below in the 2nd picture. Anyway, if you don't know what it is..you basically doorbell ditch a Halloweenish treat and a copy of the Happy Phantom which requires the person to boo deliver their own treat within 2 days so that you're whole neighborhood gets haunted. Once you've been haunted, you tape the happy phantom to your front door so nobody gets booed twice and the "love" keeps on spreading.
So on Monday night, somebody boo delivered us and look what we got. I think it's just darling. It's a lot more creative than what we did, but my kids took a lot of pride in doing everything themselves...including the doorbell ditching. Matt and I just dropped them off and drove away. We thought it was great! Anyway, the person who haunted us definitely kept Emma's allergies in mind and we thought that was so sweet. To top it off, now I have a couple of Harvest decorations. My kids are quite peturbed that our house and yard aren't decked out in Halloween decor.
Last but not least, I had to include a cute picture of Emma with her 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Calcei. Emma's cheerleading squad was introduced at the Copley High School football game last Friday night and her teacher came. The game was COLD, but AMAZING! We are undefeated and we battled another undefeated team...with 1 minute left in the game, we scored a 94 yard touchdown to win. It was awesome!
Today I'm going on a first grade fieldtrip to Ramseyer Farms and will be sure to post more pics soon.
1 comments:
that is such an awesome idea, someone did that to us last year...you know, I can't remember it might have even been you....I love all the neat ideas at halloween time, its my favorite! Emma is the cutest little cheerleader, she really looks like she is loving it!!
Post a Comment