Monday, May 3, 2010

Perfect Camping Weather






Ellie, Brady, and I pitched a tent in the front yard this weekend and had a great campout. As you can see from the pics we just had to have a jumbo carton of Goldfish, math flashcards, 50 books, a butterfly net, slippers, a magic wand, and a dolly. Brady got bored at about 10:30, so he went in to his bed, but Ellie seemed fascinated with the event. She was constantly wishing on stars, and no matter how many times I asked her, she would not dare tell me what she wished for because then it wouldn't come true. She even asked me what I would want to wish for, and then she wished for me. We woke up to a beautiful morning with a billion birds singing. I convinced her that they were singing her happy birthday because after all it was her birthday. She smiled really big when she realized the birds were singing to her. Countless other memories were made and I think we will be camping out in the front yard a little more often.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I think our weather got confused with yours! We were in Springerville and it snowed like 4 inches...totally unexpected! We froze! For once you got better weather than us :)

JoshandJen said...

So fun Stacy, we are a camping family ourselves, even when they are little babies....The kids love it!

Cook Family said...

The birds singing happy birthday is too cute!