

We have had a great time shoveling snow around here. Stacy and Brady helped me shovel 13 inches on Saturday, and 6 inches today. We are suppose to get 6 more inches tomorrow and so on and so forth. Stacy is always good to help me.
Brady has always been a hard worker, but the last couple of days he has amazed me. On Saturday I asked him to come out and help and he quickly got his boots, and coat etc on and quickly started attacking the 13 inches. He got tired pretty quickly, as most 6 year olds would, and I told him to take a break and go play in the snow with his sisters. I thought that was all the work I was going to get from him, but much to my surprise about 5 minutes later he yelled out, "Break time is over, back to work!" I was bursting with pride for sure.
Brady was also good to help me shovel snow tonight as well. He wanted to race me, and we had a great time. Brady brings out the kid in me. We play video games together, build legos and all sorts of things I loved doing as a kid. I am so thankful for kids who remind me the importance of having fun amidst the stress and fast pace that life is full of.
Having chores to do with my kids has always been a dream of mine, but seeing them dig in and work hard and enjoy the challenge is something that is really special to me.
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
The Only Thing Snow Is Good For
Posted by M & S Eagar at 8:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's my Brady!! You guys, your house is ADORABLE! I've never seen a picture of the front!
If my driveway was that long I would be investing in a used snow blower for sure!
Kolt
You have a great wife and kids!!! I can't believe how much snow we got, and our driveway is 3 times as long as yours, shoveling was a pain, and actually my exhusband helped Josh doing it. I think we definitely need to get a snowblower for next year...
Did you really shovel that whole driveway? I'd still be digging my way out, glad you have a good helper! And ditto, your house is super cute.
Post a Comment